Saturday, August 16, 2008

Tori's 1st day of 1st grade!





Summer came to a screeching halt last Thursday the 14th as Tori headed back to school. Life will be different for us Waldecks as she is our first child to go to school all day and start early in the morning. We have come to enjoy our lazy mornings in this house and it will be no more, unfortunately. You see, Logan went to afternoon kindergarten and was homeschooled for first grade. Tori went to afternoon kindergarten as well, so.... 8am school is early! I'm sure we will get used to it, as everybody tells us, but I'm not sure if we want to! We have loved our late nights, and late mornings! So for all my friends who, in the past, have known to wait untlil 9 am to call any morning, don't fear we will be up much earlier these days! Ok, so now that I've mourned the loss of my lazy mornings, on to her first day. It was a litlle hard to get her up. We tried for the early bed time, but I think a little excitement made it hard for her to fall asleep. Eventually we got her up, made her eat breakfast ( that's another adjustment, usually she likes to wait at least a half hour to eat) and walked our long 200 yards down to her school. I know you must be thinking how lucky we are to be that close. Yes, that is more evidence of God's grace in my life, knowing the morning thing is hard for me, He gave us a house super close to a school, knowing I'd need all the help I could get. I consider it a blessing! Next, met her teacher Mrs. Ediger,who seems very sweet, and then said our goodbyes to our big girl. Brae and I now have all day to hang out, which is fun, but we've only had two days so far so..... we will see how that goes. I can't believe my little Tori is in first grade, my how time flies. I'm looking forward to getting to work in her classroom in a few weeks so I can get to know her teacher better and her classmates.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Cindy! I just caught myself up on your last 4 posts. I love how cute they are in the wedding. Did you do Tori's hair? I always brag about how well you did mine for that wedding. Also- that picture of you and Krisi Olmstead holding those "mini-me's" of yourselves is so cute. I am am happy jealous that you got to go see her. Lastly- Tori looks so cute in 1st grade and I'm so proud of you for getting up early. Can't wait to call you at 8 real soon. I miss you too much!
-colleen