Thursday, September 18, 2008

A first for Braelyn as Awana starts!

After years of saying "goodbye" to her older sisters(it was only 3years, but seemed like an eternity to her) Braelyn finally is old enough to go to Awana. She started Cubbies and Tori started her second year of Sparks. For those of you who are not familiar with the club. It's held at our church and it's a time for them to hear a Bible Story, games, snacks, craft, and memorize Bible verses. My girls love the social part and I love how the memorization keeps me accountable to be memorizing with them. For the first time in a long time I am not working at Awana this year and taking advantage of at least a couple hours to touch base with my busy husband each week. We are looking forward to having a designated "date night" while the girls are enjoying Awana. All day yesterday Braelyn kept asking me, "Is it time for Cubbies now?" She just couldn't wait!

Got our vests and bags and ready to go!
Tori loves her lil'sis!
Braelyn and Lexi Kostjuk - they are buddies and so excited to be together for Cubbies!
Lexi, Braelyn, and Kate Penberthy getting ready to start!

5 comments:

Leo and Kim said...

We love AWANA! That is great that you will get a "guaranteed" date night once a week. Katrina just moved up to Sparks and guess who her leader is. TJ Robert! Crazy that he is in high school now, huh? :) Leyna can't wait until her turn for Cubbies comes next year.

Kelli I. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
michelle said...

So cute!
Cindy,
Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement! You and Dan have been a wonderful example to us of Trusting the Lord through trials. We covet your prayers and are confident that God has a plan above our expectations that can only be described by Him!
~Michelle

Whitesides said...

Hey Cindy,
I tried to e-mail you but for some reason I dont have your current address. I wanted to let you know that I have a blog thewhitesides07.blogspot.com I just updated it and wanted you to hear the good news from me. John and I are expecting our first little one in April. So check out our blog every once in awhile to see the updates.
I am always on yours, and enjoy every minute of it. Happy Birthday, and we need to gather again soon. Love Heather

Joe, Erin, Drew, and Drake said...

Hi Cindy and Dan!
I am so excited for you guys that Dan is the head coach now! YEA! I love getting updated by your blog and reading about what you all are up to! Your girls are getting so big, I am always amazed at how fast these little ones grow up. I want you to know I continue to pray for your family as I am reminded with Logan's sweet face on a picture board in my house here in Indiana.
We love you.
Erin