Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Birthday with my husband at "The Happiest Place on Earth!"

My Birthday was last Friday the 12th. Usually it comes and goes and you know how it is as a mom. This year I had the wonderful idea that Daniel and I go to Disneyland by ourselves. No little munchkins, no strollers, no stress, just a relaxing day at D-land. It's definitely one of my favorite places, not so much for my husband, so I considered it such a display of love on his behalf. We got there after lunch time and had plenty of time to ride our favorite rides and the new "Toy Story" ride in CA Adventure(lots of fun). Then had a wonderful dinner at the Blue Bayou restaurant inside the Pirate's of the Caribbean ride. I have always wanted to go there, and finally got my wish. It was a birthday celebration I will remember and I'm so thankful I had the time with my husband. B'ball is in full swing as they prepare for the season to start late October, so time with him is going to get sparse. I'm 32 now, which tells me I'm getting up there, but I definitely don't feel like it can be possible. However, I look forward to getting old and getting closer to heaven, the happiest place ever!
In front of the Castle
Our Blue Bayou dinner! So fun and so yummy!

3 comments:

Kelli I. said...

What a fun Birthday! Seriously, birthdays as a mom are usually just another day, so good for you to have such a good idea. I am impressed that Dan went along with the idea. Very Fun and Cute pictures.

Laura said...

Happy Birthday! That would be a sacrifice for my Dan too =).

The Parsons' blog said...

Good job Dan on taking your wife to a place she loves! I'm excited for Dan and the b-ball season ahead. I wish I lived close so I could come and watch the games. I've been reading your blog for a long time and I'm just now leaving a comment...been kind of stalkerish, in good way though :) Hope you guys are doing great. Take care!
Sara (scheffer)