Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Soccer Season is upon us....




It's soccer time again, and once again I'm coaching Tori's U6girls team. We have 5 members of the "Pink Crushers" and are having lots of fun. Though it's a non-competitive league(ie. we don't keep score) the parents all still keep score, and so far our "Crushers" name is very fitting. Tori and two other girls are playing their second year together and have improved so much. We have two new girls playing their first year and one we have nicknamed "bulldog". Believe it or not, they are moving past bee-hive soccer (everybody swarming the ball) to actually passing and making plays. I've been working so hard on passing with the girls and they are actually getting it! It's a joy to this coaches heart. So at night my husband and I can share coaching accomplishments! Yeah, so my kids are only 6 year olds verses college student, but you know it's all in a hard days work! Already, every member on the team has scored at least one goal so I feel like a million bucks! Last Sat. in their second game, Tori accidentally(while trying to clear the ball on defense) scored for the other team. After she said, "that's ok mom I just wanted to help them out!" I appreciate her sensitivity, but this competitive mom told her to clear it away from the goal next time! So hope you enjoy the pictures!

No comments: